Friday, October 8, 2010

Shrimp Festival

I spent this morning at the Shrimp Festival at Gulf Shores.  The weather was awesome.  Not a cloud in the sky.  No shade to be had....it was Hot, I'm not sure what happened to Fall!  The vendors were great.  My mom bought me a Mermaid painting for Christmas.  I love mermaids.  There was a lot of jewelry and woodworking.  Not much fiber art this year.  But then, I didn't go for the vendors.  I went for the food!  I indulged my love of crab claws (even though I'm allergic!)  and of course who can not try the alligator on a stick!  For those of you who have never had fried gator- it tastes like chicken with the texture of chewy pork chops.  This year I  saw you could actually have a shark bob!?  I didn't even know you could sell shark!  I didn't try that.  I'll leave you with a few pictures.
Gulf Shores...chilly water today!

Dad with what's left of his Gator!

Another Beautiful shot of the surf.

Me in front of the food.
I'm all ready for the Quilt along tomorrow.  How about you?
Happy Quilting
Caren

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

The pics of the coast look wonderful. Looking forward to seeing you today at the Christmas Quiltalong!