Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Mug Rug and Christmas Quilt Along

I spent a little time today making a mug rug.  This one looks really good.  I think I might put it on Etsy.  I traced the leaves from actual leaves in my yard.  Did a little thread sketching on them and then echo quilted the whole thing.  The background is actually a piece of leftover fabric from curtains I made about 10 years ago.  Scary to think I have fabric older than my children!!!  Good news is I didn't have to buy anything!  Maybe I can use up some of my scraps!  I bought the binding for my Memory quilt.  I plan on having it finished next week.










I saw this great idea on Quilt Times, it's a Christmas Quilt Along.  Here's a link.  Basically, you spend a day sewing for Christmas and post pictures.  I can do that....actually I already have.  The Memory quilt is a Christmas gift and the CD cover is a Christmas gift.  I'm pretty sure someone will be getting a mug rug, I just haven't decided who!  They are just so much fun to make.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Those leaves look really good. And to trace them from actual leaves from your garden - what a smart idea!
I'm also planning to participate in the christmas-quilt-along (unless I have to work) -see you there!

QuiltSue said...

Your mug rug is GREAT. I love it. Look forward to seeing you and Kirsten (and anyone else who'd like to join in) on Saturday.