Friday, October 29, 2010

Good Sewing Day

I went on a field trip today with daughter #2.  We went to the Pumpkin Patch.  She looked sooooo cute with the little pumpkin she choose.  (I can't post it, no kids on the web!!!)  But I can show you some of the unusual pumpkins they had.  I have never seen green and grey pumpkins before!  Unless they were rotten!




After the field trip I finished a Christmas project.  Gifts for the Guild.  1 Big pincushion, 1 wrist pincushion, and 1 notebook cover.  All in matching fabrics.  I can mark that off my list.  It never fails.  When I make something for someone, especially if they sew, it never turns out the way I plan.  Something always goes wrong.   Seams don't match, seams pucker, rickrack misbehaves..... you get the picture.




Last night I finished the last apron.  It's so cute.  I have a thing for chickens.  I received a chicken clock for a wedding present, that started it.  My husband hated that clock.  It hung in the kitchen until 2 years ago when it fell off the wall and broke.  Anyway, this chicken is not the chicken from the pattern.  This one came from a quilt class I took several years ago on needle turn applique.  I think I made a total of 2 blocks!  But this was a great chicken.  I Hope Mommy likes it!


Happy Quilting!
Caren

No comments: