Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Books I'm Reading

I don't Photos to show:(    I did go to my library and found 2 new books that I love.  At the moment I have only looked at the pictures!

One is 500 Art Quilts by Lark Books.  You can check out the cover here.  I love this book.  I have looked through it countless times already.  It's only pictures!  I guess you could say it's a picture book for quilters!  It's full of lovely inspiration.  I do wish they had a brief explanation of each quilt.  I found myself wanting to know more about some of them.  My daughter's enjoy looking at them as well.

The other quilt book is Quilted Symphony by Gloria Loughman.  You can see the cover here.  This one just makes giddy.  It's actually a how-to book.  It's full of curves and geometric shapes.  It looks like a lot of fun.  I'll have to put her technique on my to do list for after Christmas.

The last book is not a quilt book it is a collection of short story mysteries, Christmas at the Mysterious Bookshop.  You can see the cover here.  Obviously its mysteries set at Christmas time in the Mysterious Bookshop.  This store is a real store in New York.  The stories are great.  Now I have a new list of mystery writers to try!

So....what's on you book stand?

Caren

No comments: