Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Finishing projects

Today I have been finishing my projects.  I only have about 100, give or take a few.
Sewing list
1.  finish baby doll dress
2.  sew on girl scout badges
3.  Finish  memorial quilt, binding is all that is left
4.  make 2 journal covers
5.  make a pincushion
6. work on Winter quilt

It doesn't look like I have accomplished much.  The memorial quilt, I started 2 weeks ago.  The one with the button basket.  I finished the top.  Today I quilted all the pieces and sewed them together.  I used strips to sew the quilted pieces together.  Kind of like a quilt as you go.   It looks pretty good.  The colors are odd!  The peach was my Grandmother's favorite color and the buttons were hers.  The flowers remind me of her, even though they don't match!  The red centers are because she always said a quilt had to have red.  I have an idea that she liked red, but felt red was not a "good" color!  The fabrics around the medallion were from my Grandfather's work shirts.  Except for the navy blue.




I didn't want to add too many fabrics.  I mainly wanted to use just his shirts.  The colors are odd, but they seem to work.  I like it.  I had trouble quilting the flannel, it wanted to move.  All that is left is the binding, sleeve, and label.  I really want to put something in the pockets.  Any ideas?  This quilt will not win any awards, but it will make my daddy very happy.

I am in such a need for ice cream.  I have my Winter quilt laid out to work on, but I just can't seem to do it.  Who can quilt a winter scene when it's 95* outside?  Maybe it will cool off a little, soon.

Happy Quilting
Caren

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

What a wonderful memory quilt that is.

Caren Kristine said...

Thanks, it took a while to decide on what to do. it was hard to finally cut into his shirts.
Caren