Monday, September 6, 2010

Fall, part 3

It's finished.  I'm still sick, but I am thinking about my Winter quilt.  The Fall quilt was fun.  My husband loves the tree.  I added a bead for the door knob and ribbon work for the pumpkin vines.  I ended up just binding the quilt, a border took away from the whole.  I free motion quilted it, using a swirl pattern for the wind and long lines for the grass.  I think it turned out pretty good.  One goof....the binding.  I hate binding.  I have never been able to do great binding.  Every quilt show judge takes off for my binding.  I did find this great tutorial on binding at Crazy mom quilts http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/10/binding-tutorial.html .  I'll try that next time.



The Winter quilt is going to be much brighter and a little whimsical.  I'm thinking about using aqua, pink, red, and lime.  I want a little bit of a retro feel.  We'll see.

Happy Quilting!
Caren

2 comments:

Filled with quilty goodness said...

Beautiful quilt. I can really see the wind moving the leaves.

Jandi said...

I love it!