Wednesday, September 1, 2010

4 Seasons Quilt Series- Fall

I was watching Shark Week  reruns last week when I got the idea for this series.  I want to make 4 small wallhangings that depict the seasons.  Since fall is almost here, I am starting with that season.  Each of the quilts will have a tree and house as the focus.  I tie dyed fabric for the leaves.  Pictures were in the last blog entry.   The border will be a one patch, small squares.  My hope is to NOT buy anything!  I want to use as much of my stash as possible.  I don't want it to look too country or primitive.  I want a more modern feel.  I've been brainstorming houses.  I drew out a pattern for a paper pieced generic house.  It does have curtains!  I'll have to try it, to see if it works.  Check back for the next update.

1 comment:

Anne Godwin said...

Nice article...good luck with your blogging. You are a very talented person. Cute things on etsy, too!