Friday, September 16, 2011

Stanley Cup Quilt-Off




Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims are at it again!  They are playing in the Stanley Cup Quilt Off! If you haven''t heard of this yet...it is cool.  12 amazing, dare I say famous, quilters have teamed up with AAQI (Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative) to raise money for research.  They are divided into 2 teams.

The Feed Dogs: Alex Anderson, Hollis Chatelain, Becky Goldsmith, John Flynn, Renae Hadadin, and Sue Nickels

The Rotary Blades: Caryl Byer Fallert, Pat Holly, Libby Lehman, Judy Mathieson, Mary Sorensen, and Ricky Tims

Each have made an amazing quilt (Fallert's would look great in my bedroom).  These gems will be auctioned off November 1 - 10.  Just think you could have your very own quilt made by Anderson or Tims! 

There is another way to help raise money.  If, like me, you can only dream of owning one of these beauties you can still help your favorite quilter or team win bragging rights for raising the most money for AAQI.  All you have to do is vote (root) for your favorite.  Each root is a dollar, $5 min.

I know which ones I'm voting for!  I also know which one is going on my Christmas list!  Go to AAQI, check out the beautiful quilts and root for your favorite, or buy one of the Priority quilts for yourself or as a gift.


Happy Quilting!
Caren

No comments: