Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Coco and more

I am feeling much better, today.  Winter decided to show up again.  Unlike the rest of the country, the south has had unseasonably warm weather.  I'm talking shorts in January!  Not today.  We woke up to a chilly 34*F. (That's cold for us!)

I worked a little on Coco's window today.  I wanted something that would show up, but keep the window in the background.  It may be too similar.  I mitered the corner to give it a "window" look.  Of course when I placed it on the block, I realized most of the miter will be cut off:(  Oh well.  We will see how it goes.



I also started on my Red Scrap Challenge.  I have a big bowl of red.  My grandmother, she taught me to quilt, said every quilt must have red.  Now, this is coming from a woman who never ever wore red.  The brightest color she wore was peach.  I have a sneaking suspicion that she really likes red, but was never allowed to wear it.  It's an "inappropriate color" for nice girls!


Anyway.  I'm making another Alzheimer's Quilt using the red.  I drew this sketch out.  A simple vase of flowers on a table.


In honor of grandma, we have red walls! The wooden table fabric will also be used to make the hat stands in the Coco quilt. 


I originally thought about adding a lace doily on the table.  I'm not sure.  Which looks better.  The doily won't be that big!


Well I've got to run.
Happy Quilting.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your blue square and can't wait to see what you have in store for the red challenge!

Angela said...

I like the idea of the lace on the table, very pretty