Saturday, November 20, 2010

Friday Night Sew In

Last night was the Friday Night Sew In.  I have to admit I finished my FNSI project during the day on Friday.  I had a date with my husband last night....we went to see the new Harry Potter movie.  AWESOME. 

I finished my Christmas Purse.  It is so cute. I love it.  A note on the process.
I wanted :
1.  A crazy quilted Christmas Purse.
2.  Big red and clear beads on the handle.
3.  Jingle bells that really jingle.

As long as those 3 requirements were met anything goes.  So there wasn't really a process.  I ironed a stack of Christmas fabrics and started sewing.  I didn't want the embellishments to be too delicate.  I plan on using the purse a lot.
This is the completed side for the piece I posted earlier.

This is my favorite side.  Baby Sally is opening a present as Santa leaves.  I love the lights on the roof!  They are out of scale, but who cares!
About the handles
I bought, last year,  these metal handles that unscrew at the base for 2 reasons. 1) I wanted to pick the beads  2) I thought I could sew the bag together and them screw on the handles.  I didn't want to have to turn the bag with the handles on.  I did that once and it was hard. 
I was mistaken.  I had to cut the ribbon holding the handles on and resew the tabs.  That was after the purse was turned and sewn up!!!!  Oh well.  I still like it. 
Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Quilting
Caren

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Your Christmas bag is such fun.