Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Quilt Festival

Amy's Creative Side is having a Spring Quilt Festival.  Be sure to check it out.  Here is my entry.  "Summer at the Beach".  This is one of my two favorite quilts of all time.

This is not the best photo!  I made this several years ago.  It's from the book Quiltagami.    The bottom row of fish is different from the original pattern.  This was my first attempt at mixing origami with quilting.  I love origami.  When I taught world history I would always teach the kids origami when we came to the chapters on Asia.  I love the beach and this reflects the beach beautifully.  There is a chubby baby for my husband and I as well as our 2 girls.  They got to pick the fabric for their chubby baby.  It's just a fun, summery quilt.  Here are a few closeups.




Thanks for stopping by
Happy Quilting
Caren

8 comments:

Sand and Sunshine said...

Very cute! I love the pockets and the fish on the bottom! What a special quilt.

Valentina said...

What an amazing quilt, and i can almost hear the surf from here! :) Thanks for sharing, Caren!
Valentina in Cyprus

QuiltSue said...

That is such fun.

stitchinpenny said...

Love the quilt, it is cute and fresh.

Karen said...

Delightful. I love the idea of combining patchwork and origami. Love the gorgeous beach scene.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

How fun!

Quiltbenaco said...

Una trapunta molto divertente!
Ciao

Eileen said...

So darling. Just love your quilt. Great colors and fabrics. What a fun story quilt. Thanks so much for sharing and have a great day