Monday, May 2, 2011

How does your garden grow?

I had my first harvest of green beans today.  It was a bumper crop.
This nice little bundle is actually enough for 2 meals.  I didn't expect them to be ready yet.  Talk about a nice surprise.  They tasted wonderful.  Our small English peas are about done, as is our lettuce.  We don't have a large garden.  We converted most of our front yard into a vegetable garden.  We can't grow grass ;)     In about 1 1/2 months I will be looking for new and interesting ways to fix green beans.  I am open to new recipes!

Rainbow Scrap Challenge
May's color for the scrap challenge is pink.  I have plenty of pink.  There should be no problem for this month.  In full disclosure I must admit.....I hate pink.  The only reason I have pink fabric is my two little darlings love pink!

My quilt Guild is having a quilt show first weekend in June.  I am real busy finishing up projects for that.  I think I can get 10 or 12 triangles finished for the scrap challenge.  I hope to have some pictures to show.  Until then....

Happy Quilting
Caren

1 comment:

Just One More Thing said...

Karen your beans look yummy!! Here in PA our spring flowers are blooming. Hop over and see my new post:)
www.mommomsmusings.blogspot.com