Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CoCo Goes Shopping

This is a new little quilt I started today.  Daughter #1 was home sick... so I had some sewing time.  The idea came from, just wanting to make a fun...silly quilt featuring my alter ego CoCo.  Originally, I had planned a "French" scene with the Eiffel tower in the background.  That didn't look right in the sketch stage.   So I settled on a New York feel.  Big buildings and concrete.  I've never been to NY!

This is the background.  The large squaresare one building, the the large grey on the left is another building.
So far I have Coco walking down the street and in the back are some big buildings.
Now, I have never had an "art" class...really want to take one!  But I am trying.  It's hard to see her arm in the picture, kind of blends in.  The shoes were a problem.  This is the base.  Much more will be added later.

Happy Quilting
Caren

2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

This looks as though it's going to be great. I am really hoping you will do a series of posts as you carry on with it.

Cheryll said...

WOW... it looks GrEaT...Make sure you post plenty of pic's along the way for us to enjoy!