I used scraps to make 2 1/2 inch squares. Then used those squares to make 1/2 square triangles. Then I sewed them all together and added a border. The border was hand painted last year for another project. I think the fabric is linen, from the ring bearer's suit from my wedding. That was 10 years ago! Talk about holding on the fabric!
Anyway, Then I added sand and a rock. I free motion quilted it to look like waves. It's a little larger than needed. I will have to cut it down an inch or two before I put the binding on.
Before that I have to add fish and seaweed.
It's looking pretty good. I've looked around at the other blogs that are taking part in the color scrap challenge, there quilts are much bigger!