I Know, my other Alzheimer quilt isn't finished yet. The fish are not cooperating. So...I have started another one. There is a $1000 pledge, you pledge to make enough quilts to bring in $1000. I don't know if I will do that many, let's see how these first one's do. I plan on trying to get my Guild into this, too.
Anyway, I started with this drawing. I folded a sheet of paper in quarters. Then I drew these angular lines to spell love. I have seen some great alphabet's recently, to donate to the AAQI, the design had to be original! That makes it fun! I was inspired by the old "Love" stamp as well. The pattern became the paper piece backing. I should have made a copy!
Then I went through my bowl of blue scraps, found yellow strips and started sewing. I squared it up and sewed them together. It went together really quickly.
Tonight I free motioned quilted it, with a heart motif. I think it turned out pretty good. I have to look up the hanging technique and the proper labeling, before I bind it. I hope both quilts will be finished this weekend.