Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy 11th Anniversary....

Sweetie Pie and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary yesterday.  He was so sweet, he surprised me with an evening trip to the beach.  It takes an hour and a half to get there from here and is my absolute favorite place in the world and he knows it.  Sweetie Pie doesn't like the beach so much :)  We had a amazing meal of fresh seafood, I even braved the shrimp and crab claws ( I'm allergic... thankfully I only ended up with a case of the itchies... don't tell my doctor!)  Then we bought a beach towel and watched the moon rise and the waves rush in.  It was so very romantic!  ( sigh of contentment)

The gift:  So my sweetie gave me a gift. 
My baby made these for me.  He turned them on his lathe.  2 are wood and the other is acrylic.  I'm not sure which I like better ;) They are heavier than the cheap plastic ones, but not too heavy.  They are really sharp!  I like that they can be closed.  I've poked myself more than once by the standard variety.  I also like the pen clip at the top.  I can't wait to take them to the guild and show them off!

Disclosure:
(There's a girl in my blog roll that sells acrylic seam rippers on etsy, her husband also makes them, I just can't remember who it is. )  We may start selling them as well!?  Who knows seems like a lot of work to me!

Isn't she beautiful:
Ignore the messy house.  We were getting ready for church!  This is daughter #2.  She is wearing the dress my eldest niece wore in our wedding.  This picture is my favorite.  I have a proper picture of her standing in the garden, but this is so much sweeter!

Happy Quilting!
Caren

No comments: