Monday, March 21, 2011

2 in one Day!

2 posts in one day WOW!

I am trying out some pieces for a new quilt.  I'm still working with green for the rainbow scrap challenge.  This time I am using this piece of fabric I sun printed 2 years ago.  I used 2 shades of green and yellow.  I placed a little plastic lizard on the fabric.  It left a nice little outline.  Then I drew around it with a black paint pen.

I have not known what  to do with this, so I just stared at it.  I think there is a leaf in the top left corner.  If there isn't one, there should be one!  So I drew off this tropical looking "fantasy" leaf.  The only thing I had near me was my daughters markers!  Then I drew off 3 pink flowers and stems.  I scattered some brown beads for rocks.  This is what I came up with...

These are just the paper patterns.  But they allow me to move everything around until I like the composition.  Something is just not right.

Or maybe this one....

I'm not sure....What do you think?  I will be adding a thread and bead spider with web and the beads for rocks.  Mr. Lizard is hiding among the leaves and flowers.  Let me think some more....

1 comment:

Cheryll said...

You are just sooo talented !!! I'm jealous!... but I like the 1st layout seeing you asked! But whatever you decide I'm sure it will be wonderful!