The baby quilt is finally finished. It's an absolute miracle, too. Have you every had one of those projects that had one problem after another? That's what this quilt was. The pattern was easy. Originally, I was going to follow the QM pattern for Lotsa Pops. The background fabric I chose, periwinkle, didn't go with anything. According to the pattern a plain square was to be placed between each Popsicle. I didn't have enough of the periwinkle, and evey other color I tried just looked wrong. I go back to look at the pattern online. I find the other Linus quilt patterns. OK, I'll use on of these as a setting block. Using the periwinkle as the predominate color. That worked. Problem solved.
New Problem. The mother of the baby doesn't like pink. Of course pink was the best color for the border. So I off set it with purple. Colors look really good. I didn't have enough of one fabric for the backing so I just pieced it. I've always wanted to try that, no problem!