Saturday, August 21, 2010

My First Day

Welcome to As the Thread Breaks...  I am new to the blogging world, sew bear with me.  I am a wife, mother, art quilter, crafter, and now a freelance writer.  I live on the beautiful, sunny Gulf Coast.  This blog will be an eclectic mix of my interests, including a few tutorials.  I hope my posts will teach you a new technique, encourage you to try something new, or maybe find something you like.  I have been cruising the web all day  learning all about the web, blogs, and widgets.  I never knew I didn't know so much!  It all looks like fun. 

My current project is a baby quilt for my cousin.  It is a combination of 2 Linus quilt blocks.  I used Hopes and Dreams and Lotsa pops, it looks very cute, very cheerful.  My first real entry will be in a few days and I will be talking about marking quilts before you quilt them.  It will be good for newbies to quilting.  I do want to share one quilt before I go.  I made this for a challenge from Quilting Arts magazine.  It did not win, but it was a lot of fun!    Happy sewing.


No comments: