Monday, April 23, 2012

Sewin' Again...

I have finally gotten a little sewing done.  It's not quilting, although it might be turned into one later.  Daughter #1 has a history project on Betsy Ross.  How can you do a report on Betsy Ross without making a flag.  I cut the fabric and ironed while she sewed the pieces together.  The stars are fused, I wasn't about to applique stars!  The edge of the field is left unsewn so she can demonstrate how Betsy would have sewn the flag by hand.

For those of you who may not know this, Betsy Ross made the first US flag in 1776. 

In other news....
Three more of my AAQI  quilts have found happy homes.  Yippee!  I am now only $160 from my $1000 promise.  I only have 2 quilts left on my page.
http://www.alzquilts.org/richcaren.html
 I have to get busy and make some more.  I have a few ideas.

-Caren

No comments: