Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Girl Scouts

We love Girl Scouts at my house.  We are huge fans of the program.  Our troop is a multi age group.  It's a lot of fun.  And a lot of work for our troop leader.  As a thank you for all of that work, I am making a small wall hanging.  Most of the fabrics are from the Girl Scout line, except for the white and the blue recycle print.  But it works so I used it. 
There are a few corners that don't quit meet!  I guess that's what happens when you draw the pattern yourself!  The center block is actually a photo of the brownies and daisies.  The girls will be signing their names on the white triangles.  I am embroidering a message around the photo.  I like how it has turned out so far.  Very bright and cheerful.  I don't think I will be adding a border, either.  I like the look of it without one.  I will also be using the left over fabric for a pieced backing.  I have 2 weeks to finish it!   Nothing like waiting to the last moment!

Happy Easter
Caren

No comments: