1) I draw out a yard of fabric and mark off how much I use. (I need software:)
2) Measure twice and cut once is actually a good thing!
3) I marked my background for the applique instead of 'winging it'.
4) I pinned, trimmed, and ironed like crazy.
5) the end results, my corners actually meet. Shocking I know.
Now I have the fun part: quilting. This is the point where I think, "My quilting will either add to the quilt or totally screw it up!" I'm hoping for the first.
I've been keeping track of materials and instructions, I just need to put them in the computer and have a buddy check them. I hope to have the pattern ready in the next few weeks.
In other news...
I started a small wall hanging, for me, yesterday. I have about half of the top finished. It was pieced very wonky and has some fused applique. I think it's really cute.