Saturday, June 30, 2012

New AAQI quilts...

I have 3 new quilts online for AAQI.
10,235 - Bliss
#10235              $75.00
Width: 8.5" Length: 11.5"
Designer: Original design

Materials/Techniques: This quilt has tulle, commercial cottons, tea dyed fabrics and hand painted fabrics. It is pieced and fused with beads, trim, and thread painting. Free motion quilting finished it off.
Artist Statement: This is a copy of a pattern I made a few years ago. It shows the contentment I feel at the beach.


Read more: http://www.alzquilts.org/10235.html#ixzz1zKMGmAzy

10,236 - At the Bottom of the Sea  #10236   $45.00
Width: 9" Length: 9.75"
Designer: Original design

Materials/Techniques: The fabric was marbled and then sun printed with seashells and rice. I added ruched strips for seaweed and fussy cut rocks. The fish is a separate quilted shape. I added beads and free motion quilting to finish it off.
Artist Statement: This was a quilt I made to use some fabric I had painted and a fish I had made for a quilt challenge.


Read more: http://www.alzquilts.org/10236.html#ixzz1zKNQun00

10,237 - Ouch! #10237     $55.00
Width: 8.75" Length: 10.75"
Designer: Original design

Materials/Techniques: The fabric is hand painted cotton. The jellyfish is made from layers of organza and misty fuse. Free motion quilting, journaling and yarn finished it off.
Artist Statement: I am constantly inspired by the sea and beach. I have had many wonderful days at the beach ruined by a nasty jellyfish sting. I must admit, I love to watch jellyfish in the water, as they are very graceful.


Read more: http://www.alzquilts.org/10237.html#ixzz1zKNlzZ13

Happy Quilting,
Caren

No comments: