Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ATC swap

The Quilting Gallery had an ATC Swap recently.  I joined I love the idea of ATCs, and I've gone a little nuts.  This was my 2nd ever swap.  I have received my partner's swap, I'll show them later.  Here are the ones I mailed off yesterday.  My partner doesn't know who I am so it should be OK.

The tree trunk was made with some sort of suede like fabric.  Years ago I had made the girls a jumper out it.  It's nice and soft.

The pink and silver is just crazy quilted with a bunch of fancy scraps and sequins.  The dragonfly has lots of beading and the quilting was with glow-in-the-dark thread.  The flower at the bottom right hand corner was made form melted plastic bags.  I used innerfuse instead of paper or batting in the center.  That gave them a real card like feel.
They were a lot of fun to make and I think I will make more in the future.  Anyone want to trade???

And in other news...
Here is a photo of C-girl quilting her borders for her AAQI quilt.  She used black borders with hot pink thread and quilted in wavy lines.  I am trying to let her do as much as possible and be safe!  She is so proud of her little quilt.
Happy Quilting
Caren

No comments: