Saturday, June 9, 2012

Busy little bee....

I spent the morning making the tops of 3 AAQI quilts.  I have them all sandwiched and ready to be quilted!

Little britches also did a little quilting.  She's 8 and made her first quilt last year.  The quilt show is next year and both girls are talking about what they want to make for it.

That means mommy won't have much time for her quilting!

Anyway, here is a look at z-girls quilt top. 

 She said she wanted it to be the size of a sheet of paper.  I think I have a future AAQI quilter here.  She also wanted it to look like..."that little girl you made".   It took me a while to figure out which quilt she was talking about.

The cat was already fussy cut out.  She cut out the heart, bird, and beak.  She picked out all the fabric and drew the arms, legs, shoes, and face.  She also sewed the green fabric to the background.  I did the rotary cutting and ironing. 

I hope she realizes this gem is never leaving my house!

This is the AAQI quilt that was her inspiration:
9224 - I'm Late I'm Late   ($55) It earned $55 for AAQI.
Z-girls version.....priceless!

Happy Quilting

No comments: