I finally got around and made the pointy hat for daughter #1 costume. 3 days early! When I bought the pattern I assumed, never do that again, that the picture on the envelope would match the directions and yardages. They didn't! I ended up making 3 trips to the fabric store for trim and then coming up with my own way to make the hat. I was not a happy camper last night!
It came out nice! I added beads, to tack the tulle onto the hat.
Of course who knows how long she will actually wear it ;)
In other news.....
I finished mister pumpkin. I used variegated black thread for the bat and a little shiny grey. I did heavy quilting on the background, which made the bat puff out. Cool! The pumpkins eyes, nose, and mouth are outlined in yellow glow-in-the-dark thread. It glows really well.
I cut the piece out freehand, for a wonky look and zigzagged the edges. I'm actually hoping for a little ravel on the edges. I am hanging it on the bathroom wall. The kids will love it!